Purdue University  Purdue Extension
 Youth Natural Resource Education Youth Natural Resource Education
 Home  4-H Projects  Sustainable Ag  Career Development  Science Workshops  Resources for Teachers

State Fair Exhibit Requirements(record sheets & scorecards are at the bottom of the page)

Promotional flier (4-H 707)


Record Sheets (choose Category: Records)

Poster Suggestions

Publication search (Enter project name in search box.)

Youth Natural Resource programs home page


Instructor Website

Shooting Sports Education

(Indiana 4-H)

The 4-H shooting sports project teaches safe operation of firearms and archery equipment. Six disciplines are offered at the state level: archery, hunting, muzzleloading, pistol, rifle, and shotgun. The disciplines offered in any county will depend on the availability of certified 4-H shooting sports instructors to teach the classes, ranges, and equipment.

Find out about the 4-H Shooting Sports program in your (Indiana) county by contacting your local Cooperative Extension Office via the listing at: county office

Exhibit pictures

Questions and Answers

Manual 4-H 950 (introduction to the discipline equipment and projects)

Exhibits Other
Action Demonstrations Competitive Opportunities
Poster Suggestions Hunter Education

Hunting gives deer-damaged forests in Indiana state parks a shot at recovery. A Purdue study shows that regulated deer hunts in Indiana state parks have helped restore the health of forests suffering from decades of damage caused by overabundant populations of white-tailed deer.

Raising Game Birds - People that raise game birds (ring-necked pheasant or bobwhite quail, including their subspecies and color phases) must follow the IDNR regulations. Rules (synopsis), Game Breeder Statute (IDNR). Note that Wild turkeys and ruffed grouse may not be raised in captivity in Indiana.

Migratory birds (including ducks) - The Migratory Bird Treaty Act makes it illegal for anyone to take, possess, import, export, transport, sell, purchase, barter, or offer for sale, purchase, or barter, any migratory bird, or the parts, nests, or eggs of such a bird except under the terms of a valid permit issued pursuant to Federal regulations. See the Fish and Wildlife Service Permit Overview website, Migratory Bird website, or call (612) 713-5436 for instructions and requirements.



Purdue University

Purdue Agriculture

Purdue Extension