from New Zealand
Below are delicious recipes
from New Zealand. Kiwi is a popular fruit and is served in many different
ways. The first recipe displays kiwi as a wonderful snack food. Try making
all of them. Click on the name to see the recipe below.
- 1 kiwi fruit
- 3-ounce paper cup
- Honey, optional
- Carefully cut off the top of the kiwi.
- Place the kiwi in the cup, cut side up.
- Add honey to the top if you would like.
- Use a spoon and scoop out the kiwi fruit.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups rolled oats
Add ins (Use up to 4)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup banana chips
- 1/4 cup diced dried apricots
- 1/4 cup diced dried apples
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Put the butter or margarine into a large microwave safe
- Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add sugar and oats to the butter. Choose up to 4 add-ins
and add to mixture.
- Press entire mixture into a 9-inch square microwave-safe
- Microwave on high for 3 1/2 minutes. Let dish cool.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cut and serve at room temperature or store in an air-tight
Back to top
© Copyright (2002) Purdue
University, West Lafayette, Indiana, 47907. All Rights Reserved.