- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 vegetable or chicken stock cube
- 2 cups water
- Add oil to frying pan and place over medium heat. When
oil is warm, add rice and stir until light brown.
- Add chopped onion, tomatoes, and green bell pepper. Stir
until tender, but not mushy.
- Add stock cube and water and stir.
- When the water begins to simmer, cover with lid.
- Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until the rice becomes soft.
- Transer for serving bowl and serve hot.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 1/2 cups tomato puree
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin seed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place vegetable oil in a frying pan and place over medium
- When warm, add onion and saute until yellow and tender.
- Add tomato puree and garlic.
- Gently stir in chile powder.
- Add cumin seed, oregano, and salt.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and let simmer for
30 minutes. Be sure to stir mixture frequently.
- Remove from heat and strain through a wire strainer.
- Transfer to serving dish and serve.
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 12 ounces tortilla corn chips
- 1 pound chicken wings
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Mix oil, chili powder, oregano, and cumin in a small
- Grind tortilla chips using a food processor. Place into
another small bowl.
- Dip chicken wings into seasoned oil, then in ground tortilla
chips until coated.
- Set on the foil lined baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes
or until browned and crisp outside and tender inside.
- Serve hot and enjoy these spicy chicken wings!
Back to top
© Copyright (2002) Purdue
University, West Lafayette, Indiana, 47907. All Rights Reserved.