The following exhibit
requirements best coincide with the content in
Fantastic Foods curriculum and are presently used in the Indiana 4-H program.
Exhibit requirements can vary from state to state, so please check with the
your state about the specific requirements of your state.
Click on scorecard to download a copy
of the scorecard for that exhibit.
- Six (6) drop, molded, or bar baked cookies. Include
- A package of six (6) frozen cookies. Display in
freezer bag or freezer container. (NOTE: Freezer containers will not be returned.)
Include index card with instructions for defrosting. Label with name of product,
quantity, and date frozen. Scorecard
- An action demo. Scorecard
- Six (6) muffins of any kind (no muffin liners).
Include recipe card. Scorecard
- A (1) package of frozen berries. Display in freezer
bag or freezer container. (NOTE: Freezer containters will not be returned.)
Include index card with instructions for cooking or defrosting. Label with
name of product, quantity, and date frozen.
- An action demo. Scorecard
for Preparing Foods Exhibits
- Cover label with clear plastic wrap so that it will not
become grease stained.
- Tape label to the paper plate or container before the
product is wrapped.
Recipe or index cards
- A recipe or index card (5" x 8") is required
for all foods exhibits. Be sure to include all the information requested in
the exhibit description, as well as your county name, and the dept.-section-class
numbers. It is recommended that you wrap the card in plastic wrap or in a
How to prepare products for display
- Most food products should be displayed on a paper or
- For cakes - cut a piece of cardboard about 1/2-inch larger
than the bottom of the cake. Cover this cardboard with wax paper, plastic
wrap, or foil before putting the food product on it.
- Any other product that may be sticky on the bottom, such
as some fancy breads, should be put on round square, or rectangle cardboard.
Cover this cardboard with wax paper, plastic wrap, or foil before putting
the food product on it.
- Frozen food exhibits (containers and food) will not be
returned to the exhibitor. Please display in freezer bags or disposable containers.
- Pies should be exhibited in disposable pie tins.
- All canned products must have the ring on the jar top
to protect the seal.
For baked product competitions:
"Fillings, frosting, glazing, pie filling, and meringue whether uncooked
or cooked are not permitted to contain cream cheese, whipped cream, unpasteurized
milk or eggs/egg white (pasteurized eggs or eggs cooked to 160°F may be
used). Home canned fruits, vegetables, or meats are not permitted in products.
Recipes must be provided that show which ingredients were used in each part
of the product. Contestants should carefully wash their hands and make sure
that their hands do not have any open cuts before preparing foods. Whenever
possible, baked products should be transported and stored in chilled coolers
©Copyright (2002) Purdue University,
West Lafayette, Indiana, 47907. All Rights Reserved.