You can create a complete
breakfast meal by adding one or more foods from the following categories to
your pancakes. On the foods that have a * beside them, click on the name for
the recipe below.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar, Swiss, or Monterey Jack cheese
- Combine eggs and water in a small bowl. Beat with a fork
until combined, but not bubbly.
- Prepare a 8- or 10-inch skillet by spraying with a nonstick
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet.
- Cook over medium heat.
- As the eggs begin to set, take a spatula around the edge
of the skillet and gently lift up. This allows the uncooked egg to run underneath.
- Then when the eggs are set, but still shiny sprinkle
your choice of cheese in the middle.
- Using a spatula, gently fold one side over the filling.
Then gently fold over the other side, overlapping the edges.
- Remove skillet from heat. Carefully transfer omlet to
a plate. Serve.
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk (1%, 2%, or whole)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- In a medium size bowl, mix eggs, milk, salt, and pepper
- Melt margarine or butter in a large skillet over medium
- Pour egg mixture into skillet. Cook over medium heat
- When egg mixture begins to set on the bottom and around
the edges, use a spatula and gently lift and fold the eggs so the uncooked
portion can run underneath.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until eggs are cooked through
but still moist.
- Remove from heat and serve. Makes 3 servings.
- desired number of bacon slices
- Spread bacon on a microwave-safe rack or plate lined
with paper towels.
- Cook on 100% power until done.
- For 2 slices: Allow 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- For 4 slices: Allow 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes.
- For 6 slices: Allow 4 to 5 minutes.
- 6 slices bread
- 1- 2 1/2-ounce package very thinly sliced cooked ham
(about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Using shortening, grease a 2-quart rectangular baking
- Tear the bread slices into bite-size pieces.
- Spread half of the bread pieces into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle sliced ham and cheese over the bread. Then sprinkle
the remaining bread pieces on top.
- Crack eggs into a medium size bowl. Add milk and pepper.
Using a fork, mix together.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread layers in the baking
dish. Cover baking dish with plastic wrap.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, but no
more than 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Remove plastic from baking
dish and bake for 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes, insert a toothpick or knife into the
center of the bake. If it comes out clean, it is fully cooked. If it does
not come out clean, bake for 2 or 3 more minutes and test again.
- Once fully cooked, carefully remove from oven. Let cool
for 10 minutes. Remember to turn the oven off!
- After cooling, cut into squares to serve.
- 1 small pineapple
- 2 kiwi fruit
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 watermelon slice
- 2 peaches
- 2 bananas
- 4 tablespoons tropical fruit juice
- Cut the pineapple into 1/2-inch slices. Be sure to cut
off the skin and any spiky spots. Then cut each slice into wedges and place
in a large serving bowl.
- Using a potato peeler, remove the skin off the kiwi fruit.
Then cut in half legnthwise, then into wedges. Add the wedges to the serving
- Cut the mango lengthwise into quarters. Then cut around
the large flat pit. Peel the mango flesh and cut into chunks. Add the mango
chunks to the serving bowl.
- Cut the watermelon into slices. Be sure to cut off the
skin and remove the seeds, then cut into chunks. Add to the serving bowl.
- Cut the peaches in half, remove the pits, then cut the
flesh into wedges. Add the wedges to the bowl.
- Slice the bananas and add to the bowl.
- Gently stir fruit juice to the large serving bowl. Serve.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 - 12-ounce jar strawberry jam
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- If you are using fresh strawberries, rinse with cold
water and pat dry with paper towel.
- Remove the stems from the strawberries. Cut each strawberry
into four pieces.
- In a medium size saucepan, mix the strawberries, jam,
margarine, and water. Stir until well mixed.
- Continue stirring and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes
or until bubbly.
- Remove from heat, pour into serving bowl or on top of
your already made pancakes.
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 ripe banana, sliced
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup carbonated water or lemon-lime carbonated beverage,
- In a large bowl, combine water and sugar until sugar
- In an electric blender container, combine the bananas,
1/4 of the pineapple juice, and the orange juice concentrate.
- Cover the container and blend until smooth.
- Add blended mixture to sugar mixture in large bowl. Stir
in the remainder of the pineapple juice and lemon juice.
- Put mixture in a 2 quart baking dish and freeze for 4
to 24 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove mixture from freezer and
let stand 20 to 30 minutes.
- Slowly scrape mixture into a bowl using a spoon. After
all of the mixture is in the bowl, pour the carbonated water in on the side
of the bowl. Stir together.
- Serves approximately 4 6-ounce servings.
- 2 small ripe bananas
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened whole strawberries
- 1 8-ounce carton vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 3/4 cup milk
- Cut the bananas into small chunks.
- Put the banana chunks, frozen strawberries, yogurt, and
milk into an electric blender container.
- Cover container and blend for 1 minute on high speed
or until mixture is smooth.
- Pour drink into 2 glasses. Serve.
Back to top
© Copyright (2002) Purdue
University, West Lafayette, Indiana, 47907. All Rights Reserved.